Special Needs Vehicles Rules and Regulations for the 2018 Farm Science Review
Golf cart, electric scooter, segway or other ADA approved accessible units are allowed for the 2018 FSR visitor.
The Farm Science Review is a pedestrian show and therefore, pedestrians always have the right-of-way. However, it is noted that some of our visitors may require physical assistance to visit the show by utilizing ADA approved transportation or a golf cart. A golf cart should only be used by those who need physical assistance. The Farm Science Review is a golf cart only facility, meaning UTVs, ATVs, and all other vehicles are prohibited. The use of a golf cart at the Farm Science Review is deemed a privilege! In 2018, the Farm Science Review will continue to implement the policy to address safety concerns for our pedestrians for those who require assistance with a golf cart. One of two credentials will need to be produced by either the driver or passenger of the golf cart in order to bring their own golf cart whether owned or rented from another company or to rent a golf cart from the Farm Science Review designated vendor, Golf Car and Equipment Co. – 1) a receipt that an individual is disabled (the paperwork that accompanies the issuance of a disabled hang tag or license plate) or 2) a medical excuse from a doctor. Contact Farm Science Review management at 614-292-4278 if you have any questions about this policy.
The use of a motorized vehicle is a privilege provided to the user. The abuse of this privilege will result in the revoking of the issued Special Needs Vehicle Permit and the removal from the grounds of the Molly Caren Ag Center of the vehicle and the individual(s) to whom the Permit was issued. In such cases, no refunds of any collected fees shall be granted.
The following are the Rules and Regulations for permitting Special Needs Vehicles during the Farm Science Review.
- The vehicle may not exceed a speed of 5 mph.
- The vehicle may not be used to enter an exhibit space housed inside a building or a tent with the exception of motorized wheelchairs/handicapped vehicles.
- The vehicle may not enter an outdoor exhibit space but shall remain in the street without obstructing the access to the exhibit space, with the exception of motorized wheelchairs/handicapped vehicles.
- The east-west avenues are one-way . The vehicle must travel down the avenue in the direction of the arrow on the FSR map. The north-south streets may be traveled in any direction, see FSR Exhibit Area Map.
- The operator must remove the key from the vehicle at such time that the vehicle is vacated.
- The operator may not transport more individuals than that for which the vehicle has seats.
- No pull-behind attachments to vehicles are permitted.
- The vehicle must stay between the yellow lines (drive lane) while traveling down the roadways. The vehicle may leave the drive lane to visit an exhibitor or vendor and then return to the drive lane. Motorized wheelchairs/handicapped vehicles are exempt from the drive lane.
- The vehicle must stay on the grass driveways in the field demonstration areas.
- Vehicles must have a minimum of four wheels; three wheel golf cars are exempted.
- Operators must be a minimum of 25 years of age.
- Operators shall operate the vehicle in a safe and prudent manner.
- If a FSR visitor operator brings his/her own golf car, he/she must pay a $10.00 fee prior to the issuance of a disabled permit.
In those situations where questions arise relative to any aspect of these rules and regulations, the Farm Science Review Management shall be responsible for all final decisions.
Visitors that bring a golf cart need to register the vehicle at the designated loaction at the East end of the exhibit area. A current copy of the rules and regulations will be issued for each permit.
For golf cart rental please contact:
The Golf Car Company
8899 Memorial Drive
Plain City, OH 43064
**The best way to reserve a golf car is to fill out the online form, see link below**
Golf Car Reservation Form
2016 RENTAL PRICES
Standard (2 seats) Rearseat (4 seats)
Single Day $50 $60
Event (T-R) $150 $180
The Farm Science Review office does not accept golf cart rental agreements.